Hey there! I’m ChaChanna!
I’m a writer, storyteller and puzzle addict. I write flash fiction, short stories, personal essays, poems & eventually novellas. Currently, I’m flirting with the mystery, suspense, and action romance genres.
Not only do I write stories, I also tell them, out loud, live, on stages. I’ve had the pleasure of sharing my personal stories and also classic tales at multiple storytelling shows and for corporate events.
In this sliver of the internet, I’m just writing and sharing. It’s the only way I can practice to enhance and develop my skills. So, from time to time for the rest of 2017, you’ll get to read the stories I am working on, for free. Enjoy!
Here are some fun facts you didn’t even know you wanted to know about me.
- I sometimes refer to myself as Empress ChaChanna, and it tickles me when people call me Empress.
- I have full-time job as a copy editor.
- I am addicted to puzzles. Ravensburger is my favorite brand.
- My voice is melodious (singing and speaking).
- Everyone in my immediate family has a minimum of two tattoos. Our motto is “a family who tattoos together stays together.” It’s not, I just made that up.
- I LOVE Game of Thrones, Being Mary Jane, How to Get Away with Murder, Daredevil, Stranger Things, Snapped, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Charmed (yes, I rewatch the last two shows even though they ended years ago, so what?) to name a few. Actually, this list continues to grow, TV is just so good nowadays.
- My mother and I are the only ones who enjoy watching scary movies so whenever one comes out in the theaters, we go see it. Just in case you’re wondering, I never watch them alone.
- I LOVE women’s history, and that’s women’s history, not women’s studies.
- Modern art makes me angry because I don’t get it. That doesn’t stop me from visiting contemporary/modern art museums when I travel.
- I end most nights with reading/listening to a mystery or thriller fiction book for an hour. Fav authors at the moment: Mary Higgins Clark, JA Konrath, and Janet Evanovich. Have any authors you recommend? I’m always on the lookout for new authors to try.
- My dream career is to be a successful self-published author, writing my own mystery and thriller short stories.
- I am also addicted to playing TwoDots, in fact, I’m probably playing it right now.
- I love traveling and my favorite places I’ve visited so far are Barcelona, Spain; Rome, Italy; and Havana Cuba.
- In 2016, I ran my first, and probably last, 5K. I told a story about it. Like to hear it? Here it go: My 5K Run.
Want to drop me a note? Yay, you can send all praise to email@example.com.